WANTED – Music and Arts Learning Coordinator
Jazz.Coop has secured funding to pilot a new project for the provision of Music and Arts Learning opportunities for communities living in the West End of Newcastle.
The grant objectives include
1. Vision for culture – The engagement of a music and arts learning coordinator to deliver a programme of arts learning to residents in the West End of Newcastle
2. Health and wellbeing – One music and arts learning taster session in community venues each week engaging at least 50 people in total, 15 of whom identify as having a health need.
3. Tackling Inequality – Produce a monthly report that includes register of learners with information on equality issues.
We wish to contract with a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic music/arts learning professional to pilot this project until 31 March 2019.
Contract value: £5,000. Applicants must be able to start work by 1 June 2018.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• To develop relationships with community health and support providers in the West End of Newcastle to identify potential participants, groups and venues to benefit in this first phase of the project.
• To create and run a music and arts learning project providing ending on 31 March 2019 to achieve grant objectives as above. (If successful there maybe continuation funding)
• To recruit professional tutors to assist in the delivery of the project as necessary (£3,000 budget for this).
• To create a secure system to record and analyse participant and activity data.
• To create and implement financial recording and management systems for the project.
• To create a summary report at the end of the pilot year encompassing all activities and outcomes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
No formal qualifications are required but applicants must be able to demonstrate literacy and numeracy and organisational skills sufficient to achieve the roles and responsibilities outlined above.
Experience of the development and provision of music and arts learning opportunities in community settings.
Expressions of interest with proposals as to how objectives will be achieved and outlining experience of community engagement in music and/or arts must be sent to Tom Adams by email – email@example.com – by midnight on 20 May 2018